Liu Spalding Physics Scholarship
The Yat-Pang Liu/ Vernon Spalding Memorial Scholarship was created by Dr. Wai-min Liu, former physics professor at PCC, as a tribute to his father Yat-Pang Liu and mentor Dr. Vernon Spalding. The purpose of this annual scholarship is to honor gifted and passionate students who have shown excellence in physics and will pursue their education in the medical field.
These scholarships will be given to students who have demonstrated excellence in physics and show promise for their future studies in STEM. This scholarship is intended to help students continue their education in the sciences at PCC or other institutions of their choice. Two recipients will be selected and awarded $1000 each. Each applicant must meet the following qualifications in order to be eligible.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Overall GPA at least 3.5
GPA 3.5 in Physics coursework
- Completed PHYS 31A and completed or currently completing PHYS 31B
- Number of physics courses completed or in progress
GPA in physics coursework
- Overall GPA
- Work ethic, ability to think critically, inquisitiveness, creativity, and leadership ability (as assessed by faculty reference)
- Show promise for future studies related to the medical field.
- Intention to transfer to a four year institution and pursue future studies